Never Miss a Chance to Do the Most Good

Please enter your name, email and zip code below to sign up!

Please enter your first name
Please enter your last name
Please enter a valid email address
Please enter a valid zip code

Mutual Funds, Bonds, and Stock Donations


To donate mutual funds, bonds, and stock securities, please select your state of residence and contact the respective individual. We want to make every effort to obtain and provide you with the correct information that pertains to your gift and to acknowledge your contribution appropriately. 

Donating appreciated securities, including stocks, bonds, or mutual funds, is an easy and tax-effective way for you to make a gift to The Salvation Army.

Benefits of gifts of stocks, bonds, and mutual funds:

•    Avoid paying capital gains tax on the sale of appreciated stock
•    Receive a charitable income tax deduction
•    Further our mission today

How to make a gift of stocks and bonds

By electronic transfer

You can transfer stocks or bonds from your brokerage or investment account to The Salvation Army.

By certified mail

If you hold securities in certificate form, you need to mail two envelopes separately on the same day to complete your gift. In the first envelope, place the unsigned stock certificate(s). In the other envelope, include a signed stock power for each certificate. You may obtain this power from your broker or bank. Please remember to use certified mail.


How to make a gift of mutual funds

Contact your account representative at your mutual fund company to ask about the process of making a gift of mutual fund shares.

More on gifts of stocks, bonds, and mutual funds
There are special rules for valuing a gift of stock. The value of a charitable gift of stock is determined by taking the mean between the high and low stock price on the date of the gift. Mutual fund shares are valued using the closing price for the fund on the date of the gift.


Looking to gift stocks or bond or have any question?
If you have any questions about gifts of stocks and bonds, please contact your regional representative by clicking your state on the map below. We are happy to assist you and answer any questions that you have.