Results are In: The National Commander's Red Kettle Challenge Raises More Than $3 Million In Just Four Hours
The goal for the 2022 National Commander’s Red Kettle Challenge was to raise $1.5 million in a span of four consecutive hours. This year, 628 kettles participated in the challenge nationwide, collecting physical dollars as well as digital donations.
During those four hours, the Red Kettles brought in enough funds to surpass the goal twofold. The total amount raised was $3,064,155.56—an incredible feat that will bless those in the most need in communities around the nation. These funds stay right in the local communities they were donated in and will help fund The Salvation Army’s yearlong social services programs that provide food, shelter, love, and hope to those in need.
This year’s winner is Captain Ken Chapman from the Orlando Area Command, who raised $356,707.67. The Orlando community posted up in front of their local Walmart and brought in live music and local celebrities to draw attention to their fundraising efforts.
Winners of this year’s Red Kettle Challenge are recognized in two categories: top dollars raised, and highest percentage of kettle goal raised.
Top 10 Winners for Total Dollars Raised:
- Orlando Area Command - Captain Ken Chapman - $356,707.67
- Houston Area Command - Major Rob Webb - $223,104.29
- Kerrville Kroc Center - Captain Jeremiah Romack - $205,875.41
- Lexington, KY Corps - News Stations - $171,030.10
- Greater Cleveland Area Services - Major Thomas Applin - $153,161.29
- Bowling Green, KY Corps - Advisory Board - $143,556.97
- Rocky Mount, NC - Officers & Board Members - $119,468.35
- Paducah - Officers and Community Partners - $115,592.65
- Toledo Temple (Ohio) - Major Gayle Miga & ABC13 News - $107,999.91
- Columbus Area Services - Captain James Brennan - $106,506.35
Top 10 Winners for Highest Percentage of Kettle Goal Raised:
- Kerrville Kroc Center - Captain Jeremiah Romack - 205.9%
- Houston Area Command - Major Rob Webb - 202.8%
- Rocky Mount, NC - Officers & Board Members - 147.5%
- Toledo Temple (Ohio) - Major Gayle Miga & ABC13 News - 145.9%
- Orlando Area Command - Captain Ken Chapman - 118.9%
- Greater Cincinnati Area Services - Kenneth Hayes - 118.1%
- Ft. Lauderdale Area Commander - Major Stephen Long - 102.4%
- Madisonville Service Unit (TX) - Capt. Timothy Israel - 101.1%
- Lexington, KY Corps - News Stations - 97.7%
- Paducah - Officers and Community Partners - 93.2%