The Salvation Army Responds to Northern California Carr Fire
REDDING, Calif. (August 1, 2018) — The Salvation Army has deployed additional out-of-state personnel to assist relief efforts in Shasta County. Teams from Montana and Washington State will contribute to the existing meal services and emotional and spiritual care at Carr Fire evacuation sites in Redding and Weaverville. Through Wednesday, nearly 10,000 meals have been served to survivors and first responders.
Join the fight:
Monetary donations are preferred at this time. The Salvation Army uses 100% of disaster donations in support of local disaster relief operations.
- Give online: www.gosalarmy.org
- Give over the phone: 1-800-SAL-ARMY (1-800-725-2769) and designate “Carr Fire”
By mail may be designated “Carr Fire” and sent to:
The Salvation Army
PO Box 348000
Sacramento, CA 95834
The Salvation Army teams are currently assisting these sites:
- Shasta College: 11555 Old Oregon Trail, Redding, CA 96003
- Crosspointe Community Church: 960 Hartnell Ave, Redding, CA 96002
- Simpson College: 2211 College View Dr, Redding, CA 96003
- Foothill High School: 9733 Deschutes Rd, Palo Cedro, CA 96073
- Weaverville Elementary School: 31020 CA-3, Weaverville, CA 96093
About The Salvation Army
The Salvation Army, established in London in 1865, has been supporting those in need in His name without discrimination for more than 135 years in the United States. Nearly 25 million Americans receive assistance from The Salvation Army each year through a range of social services: food for the hungry, relief for disaster survivors, assistance for the disabled, outreach to the elderly and ill, clothing and shelter to the homeless, and opportunities for underprivileged children. Eighty-two cents of every dollar donated to The Salvation Army are used to support those services in 5,000 communities nationwide. The Salvation Army tracks the level of need across the country with the Human Needs Index (HumanNeedsIndex.org). For more information, go to salvationarmyusa.org or follow on Twitter @SalvationArmyUS.